Saturday, April 28, 2012

Revived

I hate that I haven't been blogging consistently but I am hoping to use this more this summer when I don't have so many things occupying my time! The past few days have been so crazy as I am trying to complete papers and projects for all my classes on top of studying for finals next week- as is everyone else! Summer break is greatly needed at this point.

I have been listening to this song by Christy Nockels pretty much constantly. I love running to it and playing it on repeat on my drives to class in the mornings. The lyrics are so authentic and uplifting. Every time I listen to it I feel so comforted knowing that at the end of the day, whatever life is throwing my way- how big or how small- the Lord will revive me and give me the strength for the days to come.

Here are the lyrics...

You revive me, You revive me Lord
And all my deserts are rivers of joy
You are the treasure I could not afford
So I’ll spend myself till I’m empty and poor
All for You, You revive me Lord

Lord I have seen Your goodness and I know the way You are
Give me eyes to see You in the dark
And Your face shines a glory that I only know in part
And there is still a longing, a longing in my heart

My soul, Lord, is thirsty, only You can satisfy
You’re the well that never will run dry
And I’ll praise You for the blessing, for calling me Your friend
And in Your name I’m lifting, I’m lifting up my hands

I’m alive
I’m alive
You breathe on me
You revive me

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------

So much truth in those words! We are never more alive than when the Lord is in us and working through us. Makes those tough days a whole lot more bearable and my prayer for myself as well as all of you is that we don't lose sight of that when we are going through those storms of life. He is a God of goodness and a God of hope and He will never let us go. We just have to praise Him through those storms and he will surely restore us and give us an unexplainable sense of revival. 




No comments:

Post a Comment